Saturday, February 19, 2005

Snow in Aberdeen

Well its snowing a storm up here in Aberdeen, Its started earlier tonight good and heavy as I sat in tha lounge with the guys. The last meeting of the CU's Mission week went well tonight. I cant take a picture of the snow as my camera is famously being fixed after having it for a week before breaking it. SO I thought Id give you the BBC weather report of it!

Click here to read the rest of the post

UPDATE: It seems Ive linked above to a daily report image for weather for the UK, what are the chances so you can see th weather now from my Blog too! "HERE IS A WARNING OF STRONG WINDS, ICY ROADS AND SNOW AFFECTING ABERDEENSHIRE, ABERDEEN CITY, ANGUS, FIFE, PERTH AND KINROSS, HIGHLANDS, THE WESTERN ISLES, ORKNEY ISLES, SHETLAND ISLANDS AND MORAY. ISSUED BY THE MET OFFICE AT 18:02 ON FRIDAY, 18 FEBRUARY 2005. ICY STRETCHES WILL FORM ON UNTREATED ROADS ACROSS THE NORTHERN HALF OF SCOTLAND THIS EVENING AND OVERNIGHT. THIS WILL LEAD TO HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. IN ADDITION SNOW SHOWERS OVER THE NORTHERN ISLES, THE HIGHLANDS, MORAY AND ABERDEENSHIRE WILL TURN INCREASINGLY TO SNOW, GIVING MODERATE FALLS ON HIGHER GROUND. ALSO NORTHWESTERLY WINDS WILL REMAIN STRONG WITH GUSTS UP TO 50 MILES AN HOUR OVER EXPOSED ROUTES. VALID UNTIL: 06:00 ON 19 FEBRUARY 2005 "

Its still very much a novelty for it to snow, I love it, though Im meant to be playing football tommorow at 10:30am (as part of my getting involved in football pledge) so I hope it clears up for that as I dont look forward to diving (as im playing in goal, best place for someone with a kick as bad as mine) in the snow! Anyway tommorow night is Jane and Johns Birthday party at church, I went present shopping for them today and tried to buy meaningful things as opposed to token gestures, man its hard work. John also wanted a kind of open mic thing so it looks like im playing a few tunes and doing some card tricks, now if only I could find a dancing monkey Id be sorted....anyway Im off to bed...nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home