Wednesday, October 26, 2005

The Peace...

I wrote this about a week ago but never posted it: This is a kind of follow on post, somewhat of a part II, or maybe even a response, but its for someone elses post!..I have only a few blogs I regularly read but today as I probably should have been cross checking my library catalogue (as I am about to do) I read Arlens 2AM musings and "went there" for a minute, so before you read anymore of this go ahead and take a quick look. I loved this post because it seemed to come out of the quietness of the soul, that when every barrier and pretense is down, the place of honesty, vunerability and openness is expressed. And for a moment in this busy University library I was there in that canoe, and then I was in the sunrise in a field in Cornwall, and as I read Arlens Prayer: May you, in the midst of today's noise--both inner and outer--may you find a place, a space, if even a brief moment of... I forgot, I for just a second remembered, as I so often have before, remembered, I took a quiet deep breath in, closed my eyes from the glare of the computer screen and had a second, of peace, of knowing god's love and lordship, the peace that passes all understanding as I sit here daunted by workload and responsibility, drowning in my tiredness, I just remember what he did, and who that makes me, and how thats changed me, and how that keeps changing me. Well if nothing else this post is adding a new facet of contrast to this blog which seems to contain every serious, humorous, spiritual, intellectual, and entrepreneurial expression of me!

Again from Arlens Blog:"Remember that you have only one soul; that you have only one death to die; that you have only one life, which is short and has to be lived by you alone; and there is only one glory, which is eternal. If you do this, there will be many things about which you care nothing."--St. Teresa of Avila, said shortly before her death in 1582, to the sisters of the order she founded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home