Monday, April 17, 2006

Wholly Yours, My Easter song

Ive recently been enjoying this song, I guess its one of those songs that just helps me express what I want to say in worship to God, one of those songs I feel like Ive written but couldn't spit out. I love that Dave Crowder didn't keep in simple or shy away from a bit of wordiness, some of these words have much more depth than some of the cardboard-like words we get in some songs. I thought Id share the words I am full of earth, You are heaven's worth, I am stained with dirt, Prone to depravity You are everything that is bright and clean, The antonym of me, You are divinity What a certain sign of grace is this From a broken earth Flowers come up pushing through the dirt You are everything that is bright and clean And you're covering me with your majesty And the truest sign of grace was this From wounded hands redemption fell downLiberating man You are holy, holy, holyAll heaven cries holy, holy God You are holy, holy, holyI wanna be holy like you are But the harder I try The more clearly can I Feel the depth of our fall And the weight of it all And so this might could be The most impossible thing Your grandness in me making me clean Holy, Hallelujah Holy, Holy, HallelujahYou are holy, holy, holyAll heaven cries holy, holy GodYou are holy, holy, holyI wanna be holy, holy God Dave Crowder from the Album A Collsion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home