Friday, March 18, 2005

My Celtic Prayer

The title of this is a bit of a rip from Arlens Blog, because he posted an awesome post the other day about daily celtic prayer but seeing as I have a prayer this morning and come from (Cornwall) and great celtic nation and live in (Scotland) a celtic nation I thought I would steal the title. Last night Forbes was talking about taking up your cross but I though about it this morning as I was spending some time, and really again tried to understand the implications of what that is: Faithful God, You are what exists when my hearts goes silent in the awe of who you are, Thankyou that you picked up your corss to "make all things new" and today help me live in the light of the forgiveness you bring Lord. I know that the cross prompts a response of brokeness from me, that I was hopeless without you sovereign plan, and so I choose to take up my cross, for my flesh to be crucified in the same way you chose to be, I offer myself no because you need it, but because its the groan of my heart to become more like you. Today I ask for your hand to guide me, your spirit to fill me and for your word to temper me. Thankyou Jesus, Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home