Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Kooks, Musical tastes, Anger anyone?

I am becoming a bit of a fan for The Kooks, as a musician I want to see a little more in band than just staying in time with each other, what I enjoy about the Kooks other than imaginitive guitar playing, fun bass and brilliant drums is that they are pushing it a bit, genre wise they are everywhere and nowhere....in a good way. You get a good feel of their influences, and I swear the top gear theme tune is at the end of one of the tracks! Anyway I have a habit of hearing bands names, that start with "The" and then I just hear white noise after that because of the explosion of "The" bands and write them off, Well feel free to listen to the Kooks, a fun rock album. As I was listening to the Kooks this morning, I was thinking about how popular rock/indie (I dont claim to be able to tag genre very well) has changed, then I wondered whether it was just my tastes that had changed? Firstly though, I think rock has changed, evolved if you will, some more funky edges coming (see Maroon5) and even lines being blurred (LP/JZ -Collision Course). Secondly as I have branched out, and enjoy many different types of music (probably due to the lack of peer grouping in School/College, where you were labelled by your music) I've had to pitch my music tent in the middle a bit. So for example, I dont listen to quite so much (if any!) hard music that I used to listen to, this I guess is a combination of musical tastes being affected by becoming a musician, also the acceptability of certain music types in (Christian) social circles, and the fact they have a less anger probably (which is what most would like to attribute the lack of listening to, but Im afraid they all take a fairly equal part)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello
Very nice site.
carnival read read http://carnival.obyh.info/ carnival doc
Bye

12/09/2006 09:42:00 am  
Blogger Julieta LucĂ­a said...

very good blog
i love it (L

4/08/2009 02:00:00 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cjacbh [url=http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com][b]hermes handbag[/b][/url] handbag hermes http://hermeskelly.finniwolf.com Ygeair Hjcpmd hermes outlet

4/19/2013 07:31:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home