Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Nature of Wifi

Im just on the bus going to Aberdeen into Uni, I know its kind of one of the wonders that I can writing this blog on a bus even. That type of stuff was unthinkable 10 years ago...even more unthinkable is the revolution to free speech and unregulated publication the Internet has enabled. I was going through Fraserburgh when my iBook asked me if I wanted to connect to "open network MAITLANDS", Maitlands is a local successful furniture store that coincidentally my friend John Gillespie works for. Now Im sure the network would have required a password etc etc. But surely (infact I think I might know a few people) who could just bypass those type of security measures, then you've got free bandwidth etc. Anyway this is just a short thought about how 5 yeas ago I was on a computer in a massive server case running win95 on 56k connection (that always failed and got interrupted) and today Im driving down a road and getting offered super fast internet connection through the air!!! Just allow me to be wowed at technology for a second. Listening to: The Warmth from the album "Make Yourself" by Incubus

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home