Thursday, March 03, 2005

Peace that passes all understanding

What is the peace that passes all understanding, Im not going to quote great books or theologians, there are times to do that but right now I'll just post something I wrote in THAT place of peace...On a re-read its seems very airy, but its rooted in a knowledge of Jesus and his saving grace, which without I couldnt hope to come to this point. (these are a few slightly contrasting translations and para-phrases I think are helpful to cross read: KEEP READING Philippians 4:7 (New International Version) 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7 (The Message) 7Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:7 (Contemporary English Version) 7Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel. I like to think that these moments are tastes of heaven, pure thoughts, a silence of the soul that knows that nothing you can say can change the moment....soppy maybe but this is my transparency "When I disconnect from my physical reality*, I find peace....is it goods or bad, Im not sure. Its comfortable but indulgently so, the "peace that passes all understanding" is a contentment, not escapism, something which sees the world with its good, bad and ugly and says "He knows, it will come to the best". Waking up from this transcendent state of freedom I realise though that when all my physical needs are well catered for I have the luxury of searcing for transcendent peace." *Im taking about after a movie, a long play, a good piece of music which removes you from thew chaos and bustle of the day, not some meditation or anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home